TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF GRACE THE OCCASION
Due to Coronavirus deliveries may take slightly longer than the times stated below.
Terms and conditions for the supply of goods
- This website is currently only intended for use by people resident in the United Kingdom.
- You must be 18 years old or over and resident in the UK to place orders on this site.
- By accessing this site or by placing an order you are agreeing to be bound by all the terms and conditions of Grace The Occasion.
- Due to small parts, some cards, stationery and other items are not suitable for or around babies or small children.
References to “you” mean you the viewer, user, buyer or customer.
The words “We” “Us” “I” and “gracetheoccasion.co.uk” refer to “Grace The Occasion”.
- Formation of contract
- By placing an order, you are offering to buy goods.
- Once an order has been received you will be emailed an Order Acknowledgment (Order confirmation). This Order Acknowledgement/Confirmation is not part of the contract it merely acknowledges and thanks you for placing an order.
- Order acceptance is subject to the availability of stock or materials.
- Order acceptance occurs when the goods have been despatched. When the goods have been despatched then a contract will exist.
7. Electronic communications and use of emails
a. Grace The Occasion communicates with customers electronically by displaying information on this website. When you place an order through this site you are communicating electronically and you agree that electronic communications between us satisfies any legal requirements that such communications be in written medium.
b. When you place an order you must register an account. When you register you must submit your name, an email address, a phone number and delivery address. Your information is confidential and will not be passed on to third parties by Grace The Occasion. Your information will be used by Grace The Occasion to process your orders. When you log into your account you will be able to view orders that you have placed and edit your details on your profile page.
c. By submitting your email address and creating an account, you give implied permission to receive email updates about the latest news, additions and offerings from Grace The Occasion. You can unsubscribe from this service at any time.
Payment must be made by Debit or Credit card online when placing orders and made in U.K. Pound Sterling. We reserve the right not to process an order unless the correct amount of money is received and funds have cleared the account of Grace The Occasion.
- Variations and substituted materials
- There may be slight differences/variations between colours displayed on screen and colours of the actual products which will be beyond our control. This will be because of factors such as the hue, contrast settings and the resolution on the screen, monitor or device that you are viewing the products from. Screen images, colours and sizes are therefore guidelines or approximations.
- Card shades may vary slightly between manufactured batches.
- Due to the nature of handmade items and the fact that they are not mass produced by machines, there may be slight variations in sizes and details. These minor variations help add to the uniqueness of each item and will not be deemed to be a fault
- We reserve the right to substitute the nearest card, material or goods available if such items are taken out of production by manufacturers.
- All orders are accepted on the understanding that stock or materials are subject to availability.
10. Despatch of goods
Subject to availability, we aim for items to be despatched within 1 to 3 working days after the day the order is received. Most orders are normally despatched within the times mentioned above or earlier. However, during busy periods or where stock or material is not currently available, despatch may be slightly delayed. So in these rare cases please allow up to 5 working days for despatch.
11. Delivery and receipt of goods by customers
a. Deliveries are currently made to the UK only. We use an external carrier/delivery service and depending on the delivery method selected, goods are normally delivered in the mainland within approximately 1 to 3 working days after despatch. Deliveries to the Scottish Highlands and Islands, Isle of Wight and Northern Ireland may take up to an additional 5 days longer.
b. Delivery times may take longer during bank holidays and the Christmas period.
c. Where goods must be signed for, it is important to ensure that a safe delivery address is given and that someone eligible, reliable and trustworthy is available to accept delivery and sign for the goods.
d. Where it is established that the goods have been delivered or the goods have been signed for, then the goods will have been deemed to be delivered and the contract will have been fulfilled.
e. Once goods have been delivered in satisfactory condition, responsibility for any subsequent damage or loss of goods is transferred to the you. This includes damage which may occur when you post cards or other goods to people. Any delicate items or goods should be handled with care.
f. If a customer wrongfully fails to take delivery of goods or fails to make arrangements for delivery of goods, then risk of damage to or risk of loss of goods shall pass to the customer.
g. As we use an external carrier/delivery service, we cannot guarantee the delivery times stated; the delivery times stated are approximations.
h. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence in this agreement. Customers are advised to ensure that when ordering items that they have allowed enough time (based on our order processing, production time, despatch and delivery estimates) for their items to be received and forwarded/posted to the person they will be giving/sending it to.
i. We shall not be liable for any consequential loss or indirect loss suffered due to delay in delivery, non-delivery or loss of goods caused by the carrier. Any liability shall be limited to the value of your order.
a. Please wait 6 working days after we send the despatch notification before contacting us about non-delivery.
b. In the unfortunate event that you do not receive the despatch notification email within 3 working days of placing the order, then please wait 9 working days after you placed the order before contacting us about non-delivery.
c. Where we are satisfied that the carriers/couriers did not deliver the goods, then subject to availability of stock or materials, Items will be re-sent if available/possible or your money will be refunded.
13. Cancellations and how to cancel an order
a. Customers are entitled to a cancellation period from the time the order is placed until 14 days after delivery/receipt of goods.
b. Cancellation must be made by our “contact us” form or via email. Our email address can be found in your Order Acknowledgement email. Please state the order number, your name/username and confirm the details of what you ordered.
c. Items received and relating to a cancelled order must be returned unused and in good condition in their original packaging, within 14 days after the day of cancellation.
d. The effect of a notice of cancellation is that the contract/agreement shall be treated as if it had not been made. The full invoiced amount relating to the cancelled items will be refunded. The cost of returning the item(s) will be borne by the customer. (Please also refer to the sections 14.“Returns” and 15. “Refunds”) money will be refunded.
Please note that the following items cannot be returned due to their nature:
- Earrings (For hygiene reasons)
- Custom or personalised orders.
i. Returns due to cancellation.
Items relating to an order that has been cancelled must be returned new in good condition, unused and unopened in their original packaging within 14 days after the day of cancellation. (Please refer to sections 13 “Cancellations and how to cancel an order and section 16 “Returning goods”).
ii. Returns due to faulty or damaged goods
We operate quality control procedures at all stages of production so your items should therefore be in good condition when despatched. As handmade items are not mass produced by machines, there may be slight variations between items. This the nature of handmade goods. These variations therefore will not be deemed to be a fault.
Where goods are faulty or damaged:
- Please email using the “contact us” form within 48 hours of receipt stating the fault and
- Damaged goods should be returned within 7 days after the day of receipt/delivery.
- Faulty goods should be returned within 30 days after the day of receipt/delivery.
Refunds relating to cancelled items
- Where an order has been cancelled and the goods have been returned in good condition within 14 days after the day of cancellation, customers will receive a refund of the full invoiced amount that they paid. The cost of returning the item(s) will be borne by the customer. Refunds will be made within 14 days of us receiving the goods back.
- Any costs of returning the goods will be borne by the customer unless the goods were substitutes, in which case we will also refund the cost of returning the goods.
Refunds relating to faulty or damaged goods
- Please inform us of damaged or faulty goods by email within 48 hours of receipt stating the fault.
- In the event of any claim for faulty goods, settlement will be limited to the invoiced value of the goods plus delivery cost of returning the goods. No liability will be accepted for any consequential losses or indirect losses however caused. Damaged goods should be returned within 7 days after the day of receipt/delivery. Faulty goods should be returned within 30 days after the day of receipt/delivery.
- This section is subject to section 14. ii) “Returns due to faulty or damaged goods.” We will not normally produce or release replacement goods or give a refund, until we are in receipt of the faulty or damaged goods.
- Any refunds given will be made to the debit or credit card account provided when you placed your order and will be subject to our right to withhold amounts for products which are damaged or lost on return back to us. All refunds will normally be made within 10 working days after the goods have been received by us but please allow up to 14 days.
16. Returning goods
a. Please note that the cost of returning goods will be the customer’s responsibility. Customers must take reasonable care of the goods whilst in their possession. We are entitled to deduct an amount from the refund which reflects the value of any loss in the goods which have occurred from use or unnecessary handling by customers. (Please note that custom or personalised goods and earrings cannot be returned).
b. We regret that we cannot be held responsible for returned goods that are damaged en route back, or that do not arrive back to us. We strongly suggest that you insure against loss/use special delivery when returning goods and obtain and keep your proof of postage. You will be responsible for the returned products until they reach us.
c. Where returned goods have been damaged in the post we reserve the right to charge for the damage. No refunds will be made where the goods have been lost. The customer will be able to recover the cost of the lost goods from the carrier if they have paid for insured or special delivery.
a. All item prices are quoted without VAT and without carriage. We do not currently charge VAT. Carriage is quoted at checkout.
b. On the rare occasion that there is a mistake in a price, we may at our discretion complete the order at the price shown when the order was placed, or we may correct the price and contact the customer so that they can decide if they want to continue with the order at the corrected price.
c. Prices are subject to change without prior notice and will apply from date of publishing. Prices for orders already received and accepted by Grace The Occasion will stand.
18. Copyright and intellectual property
Artwork and designs for cards and other products have been created by Grace The Occasion, are owned by Grace The Occasion and are protected by copyright law. You may not copy or create derivative works of the designs (i.e. product designs and website designs). Reproduction of any of the designs in any form without prior express written permission from Grace The Occasion is strictly prohibited. Breach of this prohibition will violate copyright laws and may render the offender(s) liable to civil proceedings and criminal penalties.
Any goodwill gesture by Grace The Occasion to waive any part of it’s rights under this agreement shall not constitute a waiver of the rest of Grace The Occasion’s rights.
20. Limitation of liability
Should Grace The Occasion be found to be in breach of this agreement the remedies of the customer shall be limited to damages which shall not exceed the invoiced amount of the products giving rise to the claim and return delivery cost of goods where relevant.
Grace The Occasion shall not be liable for any consequential or indirect losses however such loss or damage may be incurred.
21. Change of terms
a. The terms contained herein may be amended at any time without notice and will apply from date of publishing.
b. No variations, modifications or substitutions of these terms and conditions shall be binding on Grace The Occasion.
22. Construction or performance of this agreement
a. Where delay or failure to perform any obligation relating to goods is due to causes beyond our reasonable control then we shall not be liable to the customer or deemed to be in breach of agreement/contract.
Examples of causes beyond our reasonable control are as follows:
Act of God; fire; flood; tempest; explosion; accidents
Strikes; lockouts or any other industrial actions or trade disputes whether involving employees of Grace The Occasion or by third parties
Power failure; breakdown in machinery
Problems in obtaining raw materials, goods, parts, machinery, fuel or labour
Acts; bye-laws; regulations; restrictions; prohibitions or measures of any kind on the part of parliament, government or local authority
War; threat of war; insurrection; civil disturbance; requisition or sabotage
Import or export delays, regulations or embargoes
b. The construction, validity and performance of this agreement shall be governed by English Law.
c. Severability: If any provision in these terms and conditions (whether in whole or in part) is held to be invalid or unenforceable by any relevant competent authority then the other provisions of these terms and conditions shall not be affected thereby.
23. Unsettled disputes, claims or proceedings
Any unsettled disputes, claims or proceedings of whatever nature arising from the validity construction or performance of this agreement, shall be governed by English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of The High Court Of England and Wales to which both parties irrevocably submit.
24. Affiliate and advertising disclosure
This website may have advertising and affiliate links which enable you to purchase products and services provided by different merchants. These advertising and affiliate links act as a source of income for us. Clicking on these links will not cost you any extra money.
Terms and conditions for use of website and website content
1. Access to this site.
a. By accessing this site or by placing an order you are agreeing to be bound by all the terms and conditions of Grace The Occasion.
b. You must be 18 years old or over and resident in the UK to place orders on this site.
2. You are responsible for your username and password. You must keep your username and password secure and may not share them with anyone else. Each time you use a password or identification, you are deemed to be authorized to access and use the Site in a manner consistent with the terms and conditions of this agreement.
3. Artistic designs displayed in this website have been created by Grace The Occasion, are owned by Grace The Occasion and are protected by copyright law.
You may not copy or create derivative works of the designs (i.e. product designs and website designs). Reproduction of any of the designs in any form without prior express written permission from Grace The Occasion is strictly prohibited. Breach of this prohibition will violate copyright laws and may render the offender(s) liable to civil proceedings and criminal penalties.
4. Website content has been created by Grace The Occasion and remains the property of Grace The Occasion. This website may not be used or copied in part or whole without prior express written permission from Grace The Occasion.
5. Grace The Occasion cannot be held responsible for content which is taken from this website and then republished on another website without our express permission in writing.
6. Reasonable care is taken to ensure that website content is accurate but Grace The Occasion makes no guarantee that the website is free from errors.
7. Grace The Occasion makes no guarantee that the website and the server(s) which make it available are free from viruses.
8. Grace The Occasion does not claim that the website will operate without interruption.
9. Grace The Occasion shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from the use of this website.
10. Grace The Occasion reserves the right to temporarily or permanently withdraw any part of this website without prior notification.
11. Information herein is subject to change without notice. E. &.O.E
Re website content and information
It is not the intention for any information or content provided on this website to be constituted as legal advice. You use the information at your own risk and we cannot accept liability if things go wrong. You acknowledge that information may contain inaccuracies or errors and as such we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Website terms last updated July 2022